About Gurudongmar Lake
Gurudongmar Lake situated at a height of 17,800 feet, it is considered one the most sacred lakes by the Buddhists and Hindus alike. The beautiful and awe inspiring lake (190 kms from Gangtok) remains milky in colour throughout the year. According to a legend, since the lake used to remain frozen most of the year, it was not possible to use its water for drinking purposes. When the Guru Padmasambhava passed by, while returning from Tibet, the local residents are reported to have approached him for providing source of water. The Guru obliged. A portion of the lake touched by him does not freeze in extreme winter. Since water of the lake is considered sacred, visitors carry the 'blessed' water in bottles.
About Tsomgo Lake
Tsomgo Lake (Changu) is conceived sacred by the inhabitants for myths and beliefs associated with the lake in Sikkimese culture. One of the oldest myths connected with the lake is that in old times the Buddhist monks used to study the color of the water of this lake to forecast the future. The Tsomgo lake (Changu) also keeps an important place in the lives and culture of the Jhakris [faith healers] of Sikkim who assemble here every year on the day of Guru Purnima, which concurs with the festival of Raksha Bandhan, from all over the country to offer their special prayers which are believed to give them more closeness to the God.
This lake is also a habitat for the red pandas and numerous rare species of birds which fly here in the beginning of the spring season and remain until the fall. You can enjoy colorfully decorated Yak and Mule rides here and take a tour around the lake and nearby places where you can really enjoy the delicious snacks, food and beverages. For the tourist a visit to the Tsomgo lake is a really refreshing and rejuvenating outing. Best time to visit this place is March to May and October to December.
This area is restricted and hence an inner line permit is mandatory to visit this place. You need to submit a photo copy of any the ID proofs (Voter ID, Passport, Driving License or any other id card issued by the Government of India / State Government) along with passport size recent colour photographs. Note that PAN card or Aadhaar card are not accepted in Sikkim.
The ethereally beautiful Tsomgo (Changu) which means “source of water” in Bhutia language (Local language of Sikkim) lake is located 38 kms away from the capital Gangtok on the Gangtok-Nathula highway which forms a part of the old trade route from India to China. This tranquil lake is situated at the height of 12,000 ft and is about 1 km Long, oval in shape, 15 meters deep. The lake gets filled with pure and clean water from the melting snows of the mountains surrounding the lake. Of fabled beauty, the lake looks different in every season, in winter the peaceful lake remains frozen with the area and mountains around it all covered in snow while in late spring the abundance of flowers in bloom covers the whole area in wonderful colors and aroma around the lake.
Gurudongmar Lake Map
- Parking and Toll tax
- Meet & greet at arrival
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure
- Driver's allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges
- Sightseeing by luxury car
- All tours and transfers by Personal luxury Car is included
- Departure Delay due to permit issuance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance & Camera Fee
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Entrance fees to monuments and Sight Seeing Spots
Children under age of 10 will be charged only 63% of Traveller charge .
Note: If child / children age happens to conflict (more than 10) before the departure of journey . You will be charged extra . This is unlikely to happen provided your child is below 10 and passes our children policy . Please carry Birth Certificate to avoid any minor issues .
- You can pay us by cashless method for advanced booking . It is highly recommended since we give top priority to those customers. It makes us easy book things earlier. Least 40% of the total package price calculated is recommended for advanced booking. (Recommended)
- You can pay us total amount by cash at the time of arrival . It is recommended to pay online for better serving , since we could have many bookings in a row . However your travel experience will not be harmed in anyways.
- Online Payment Methods : PayPal , Bitcoin , Online Banking , Credit / Debit Cards
- Banking Accounts : Coming soon .. You can PayPal , or pay using cards.
- Payment details will be mailed to you eg. Bank Accounts etc.
Cancellation /Refund Policy
- Once you pay cashless . We will refund you 100% payment , if you contact us within 10 days after booking . If more than 10 days of delay . 60% of the fees is refundable .
- Payment made from PayPal or Bitcoin will be refunded the same way .
- Payment is made using Debit/Credit card or byOnline Banking , your refundable fees will be sent to your acccount .